Last night we arrived in Brasília to wait until the baby comes. It's really starting to feel real now! At my appointment today the doctor said that the baby was very low and could come soon. I was not surprised at all that the baby is low -- for a few weeks now it's been very uncomfortable to walk! We had to hurry home last week because it had started to rain. Even though we didn't walk very far, by the time we walked in the door I could barely stand up, I was so sore! I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, but we're praying the baby will wait until my parents arrive next week Thursday!
Fortunately during our time in Soytown we were able to collect lots of language data. We have lots of notes which we need to input into the computer and we are also in the process of transfering our data to another computer program. This time in Brasília gives us the perfect opportunity to catch up on our linguistic work!
In other news, we've started working with Emily to sleep in a big bed. Last night she did great, hopefully she'll continue to stay put when we put her to bed!
This past week Emily has started to really babble! It's so cute! She'll point to things and then start babbling as though you can totally understand what she is saying. She's added a few words to her vocabulary, but she still doesn't say too many words yet. She's been surrounded by three languages which accounts for some of the delay but she also still has trouble pronouncing most consonants. I'm hoping to take her to speech therapist when we get back to Soytown. However, we're very encouraged that in the last few days she's started to show more interesting in talking, hopefully the right sounds will follow!
Monday, October 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment