Friday, April 23, 2010

Our daughter -- the artist.

We've found that Emily has a flare for art. Well, sort of. A couple months ago we were getting ready to have guests over for dinner when Emily found us and dragged us into the dining room saying, "uh'oh." This is what we found:



In case you're wondering, dry erase marker comes off with antibaterial hand gel.

In honor of Earth Day, we found that Emily has turned to renewable resources. I had put Emily down for a nap and about 45 minutes later I was sitting in the living room and there was suddenly this strong odor. Strangely, it smelled like poo. After investigating I found that Emily was indeed not taking a nap, but had taken off her diaper. Unfortunately it was filled with little poo pellets which were now scattered all over the floor. I immediately said, "nooooo" but then I looked up. There were dark markings all over the wall. It took me a minute for it to register that she had used her poo as a crayon and decided to decorate the wall! After I got over the shock, I thought it was totally hilarious. Mike did not. Probably because I had to leave at that point to take Emily to speech therapy, and he got to stay home with the mess (and the smell). Sorry sweetie!



Do I hear a develish little laugh at the end? When we returned from speech therapy, Emily did very well about cleaning up (and we did give her a bath afterwards). I actually think she enjoyed it and so it wasn't quite the punishment we had hoped.



It's always fun for me to follow the thought processes of kids. Things we never think to point out (such as don't draw with poo) seem totally logical to them. Ah, life with a two-year-old! We're looking forward to seeing where her curiosity will take her in the days to come!

~Kelli

1 comment:

Kelley said...

OH.MY.GOODNESS. She is SO funny and that is SO gross. I had heard of lots of poop stories before (of kids playing with it) but thankfully never had to deal with that. She did an awesome job scrubbing the wall...and no, I don't think she viewed it as punishment. ha.