Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lydia is 2!

My baby girl is 2! I can't believe two years have already passed since Lydia was born. She's been through a lot, including surgery on her skull at 12 weeks, 15 months of helmet therapy, but she's doing great now! She's our social butterfly, always ready with a smile.


For Lydia's second birthday I made a flower bouquet cake. This was actually one of the easiest cakes I've made. It would have been even easier if I had just used a ceramic pot instead of making one of out of cake. Overall I think it came out pretty well, but I was glad that I assembled it right before we ate it as it was a heavy cake!

My favorite picture of Lydia and her cake got out of the 100+ I took!


Lydia blowing out her two candles.

Family picture.

Lydia with Emily and her friends

Thanks, Lydia, for a great year.  We're looking forward to what the next will bring.  Hopefully it won't go by too quickly! 

No comments: