We had a wonderful Easter this year. We woke up early and had a breakfast potluck at church. We brought cinnamon rolls (which aren't made here in Brazil, so those were a hit). After Sunday school, we had a potluck with friends in town. I attempted to make a stromboli. Mine didn't turn out very pretty, so Anna made another one since there was extra dough. Hers turned out beautiful. The only problem was that since we were up until midnight the night before making it, I was a little tired. After I pulled mine out of the oven I put Anna's in and dosed off. I woke up and remembered her stromboli in the oven. When I took it out, it was like charcoal. Anna claims that I was jealous. :-) Thankfully, our friends brought more than enough good food, including a Japanese lady who brought homemade sushi! I know that was the first time I've ever eaten sushi on Easter! Maybe we should make it a new tradition.
Emily found all (eight) of the eggs and then promptly put them all back. Once she found out there was chocolate inside, she gathered them back up pretty quickly!
The best part of our Easter was sharing the Easter story with some Curto friends that were in town. Below is a picture of a Curto girl with Emily. It was so fun to watch the girls play together even though they didn't share a common language. Let's pray that one day that will have a share common faith in Jesus!
3 comments:
Cool!! I liked it!
Lu
Oh Kelli how adorable! I especially love Emily's apron. We got to spend Easter with our parents and they dyed eggs with the girls while we went on a date. We came back and found some colored limbs and hands-both marker and egg dye. :) It was fun to watch them hunt the plastic eggs too. I'm so thankful Lydia's helmet days are done. Jaelle turns two this week, I think she's a little older than Lydia, but it's fun that we've had girls around the same time.
Love to all of you and thanks for the updates!
Wow! I can't believe how long Lydia's hair is!
Post a Comment